Insider’s Guide to Quality, Affordable Healthcare
To Be Launched April 2019
We are pleased to report that our book, after a 3 ½ year gestation period, will be launched in April. First available from Amazon.com in soft cover and e-book, it will then be available from the book distributor Ingram and the many retail book stores they serve throughout the U.S.
At the risk of being immodest, we believe our book will be the “go to” book for your healthcare needs and a valued addition to your dictionary and Merck manual.
The book provides in-depth coverage of healthcare concerns foremost on the minds of Americans of all ages:
- Reducing out-of-pocket expenses for doctor/hospital/medications.
- Choosing the best, most cost-efficient insurance.
- Potential life-saving value of a second and even third medical opinion.
- Finding the best primary care doctor, medical specialist, hospital, and emergency department.
- Getting the most from shorter doctor visits.
- Addressing and assuring end-of-life wishes.
- Preparing for the future of healthcare.
Why This Book Is Important Now
- One of the main worries on Americans’ minds is how to obtain high quality medical care without depleting one’s savings.
- The #1 cause of personal bankruptcy continues to be unaffordable medical bills. Reading our book will enable you to have more control over healthcare decisions and save you money.
How Is This Book Different from Other Healthcare Books?
- Our book will be continually updated with “our (doctors’) take” on breaking healthcare news, which we’ll regularly share on our website, www.qualityaffordablehealthcare.net. These updates will be integrated with relevant chapters from the book, giving you the latest, easy-to-implement strategies to help you obtain quality healthcare and save money.
- We provide the most up-to-date, in-depth knowledge about how the healthcare system really works and answers to worries/concerns foremost on the minds of Americans.
How to Purchase the Book
We will send advance notice on our website, www.qualityaffordablehealthcare.net, as soon as the book is available on Amazon.com; then when it’s available at selected bookstores (will be available very soon at Op.cit. Books in Santa Fe and Taos).
Getting the Most from Our Book
- We suggest reading the introduction and chapters of most concern to you. For example, if your medical expenses have gotten out-of-hand, read Chapter 2: Strategies for Keeping Costs Down.
- Check www.qualityaffordablehealthcare.net for regular up-to-date healthcare news that appears in the media [sometimes “false” news] so you can get our (doctors’) opinion.
- There are key points in bullet form at the end of each chapter that summarize the essence of the chapter. Consider reading the key points before and after reading a particular chapter. Each chapter also has references and selected footnotes if you want a more in-depth study of a particular subject.
For April’s healthcare forum, we’ll discuss: Why it’s imperative to assume more responsibility and control over your healthcare, which will be integrated with Chapter I of our book.
Please send us questions via www.qualityaffordablehealthcare.net about problems you are having accessing quality, affordable healthcare. Our answers may help others and will appear in our next “breaking healthcare news” or monthly forum. We can also write you our answers if you provide your email or home address. Please encourage others to sign up on our website and to purchase the book.
Success of our book depends on word of mouth since Lazarus and Foster are not household names like Drs. Weil and Oz – and for older healthcare sleuths – Drs. Welby and Kildare.
Best wishes for a long, healthy, and productive life,
Dr. Larry Lazarus and Dr. Jeff Foster